UNION DEMANDS UNPRECEDENTED INCREASES IN WAGES, BENEFITS AND CONTROL OF THE FIRE DISTRICT
COST TO TAXPAYERS? A WHOPPING $2.5 MILLION
Just when residents of the Monarch Fire District thought that the greed of the Union Fire Fighters had finally reached its limits, Union Bosses presented their latest two year contract demands to the Board of Directors.
Details of these OUTRAGEOUS demands include these “lowlights” (amounts that follow represent our estimate of the two year cost for each):
- Increases in base pay of 2% per year starting in 2014 (how many taxpayers would love to be guaranteed raises when they are thankful to just have their jobs?). $417,699
- Bonus pay for being a paramedic or EMT. But wait, it has been a requirement of the job to be a paramedic for more than 20 years. So this is pretty much just an additional increase in base pay. $373,001
- Health Insurance for employees and families with guaranteed no costs passed through to employees. $653,855
- Holiday pay increased to DOUBLE the base pay. $477,438
- Sick Days increased by 33% to equivalent of 24 days per year. $312,479
- Personal Days increased by 50% to equivalent of 18 days per year $312,228
- Annual Bonus for years of service (Longevity Pay) increased from $250 to $410 for each year of service beyond 5 years with maximum increasing from $5,500 to $7,500 per fire fighter. $100,000
- Vacation Days increased by 20% for employees with 20 years of service, to equivalent of 54 days per year. $85,239.60
- Bonus pay for having a college degree. $42,331
- Bonus of $1000 per year, instead of current $700 which may only be spent on uniforms. $31,500
And this is only the monetary impact of the demands of the Union. Visit this site soon to learn how the Union Bosses will dictate policies currently vested in the Board of Directors elected by us taxpayers!
Email us at email@example.com
Welcome to the website of the Monarch Concerned Taxpayers – a group of concerned taxpayers within the Monarch Fire Protection District who are tired of the wasteful spending by the Monarch FPD Board Directors Steve Swyers. Swyers has strong ties to the Union and are working to give out large raises and increase the tax burden on the taxpayer.